Cinnamon flavoured food is as close as we’ll get to edible hugs and this heap of happiness is no exception!
There’s snow forecast this week so let this cinnamon stack keep you cosy.
The mix serves two… but… I’m not judging… if it all goes down one hatch.
A carby kick, if you eat the whole stack it will rack up macros to the tune of 14g protein, 23g of fat and 126g carbs.
The recipe below is free from gluten and eggs. I’ve really enjoyed Veganuary so far and in keeping with that, this stack is vegan.
Unsweetened soy milk, 200ml (Any milk will do)
Gluten free self raising flour, 100gm (Whatever flour you’re into. I use self raising to make them extra floofy)
Banana, 1 whole
Ground Cinnamon, 2 tbsp
Lyle’s Golden Syrup, 1 tbsp
Coconut oil, 10g (Or your own oil du jour)
- Slice the banana into small pieces and put it in a jug with the milk and flour.
- Optional: If you want to turn these in to protein pancakes chuck a scoop of protein powder (unflavoured or a complimentary flavour) in now. I haven’t factored this in to the macros above so adjust yours accordingly.
- Beat it!
- Add the cinnamon and golden syrup when the mixture is smooth and whisk through thoroughly.
- Put a non stick pan on a medium heat and add teaspoon of coconut oil, spreading it all over the base of the pan.
- Pour some of the mixture into the pan. Be sure not to make each pancake too thick as that will prevent it from cooking through.
- Leave to cook for up to 1 minute before flipping.
- Top up the oil in the pan as needed to stop the pancakes sticking.
- Chuck on your favourite toppings, get cosy and gobble them up!
Let me know if you enjoyed them on Instagram! 😀